Sunday, October 07, 2007

Revolutionary Goal Setting

Recently, I've been spending a lot of time reading about goal setting to get myself pumped up for a webinar I am leading at the VA Revolution, on November 2nd, 2007. Yvonne Weld and I will be presenting a workshop on Revolutionary Goal Setting. This is a follow up from the Goal Setting workshop I did last year on November 1st. During that call we came up with the idea to do a follow up call one year later to check in to see how far we have come along.

Did you know if you write your goals down they are much more likely to happen?

Do you ever dare to dream big? Do you know what you want? Do you know how many clients you want to work with? How much money you want to make? How much quality time you'd like to spend with your family each week? Where you want to go on your next vacation?

"It doesn't matter where you are coming from; all that really matters is where you are going. And where you are going is solely determined by yourself and your own thoughts" - Brian Tracy

"You become what you think about most of the time." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you have a goal that says, “I am going to go to the gym 3 times a week…” change that into the present… your subconscious mind will just keep thinking I am going and never get there. Change the wording to say, “I go to the gym at least 3 times a week.”

Or if you have a goal that says I want to write for an hour everyday… change it to say, “I write for an hour everyday”.

Tell yourself you are already doing it. It is amazing how your actions will try to keep up with your thoughts. If you are saying, I am a loser and can never get anything done over and over in your head… guess what? You are a loser and you are never going to get anything done! What you think about comes about… so pay close attention to those thoughts going on in your head and make sure they are thoughts that are taking you in the right direction.

No comments: